Monday, May 17, 2010

After all, you're only as cute as your bag

Hi everyone,

Sorry to send a mass email like this, but it is of paramount importance . . . Okay, not really, just truly self-serving and easier.

Despite my best efforts to lead a life of leisure and do nothing beyond drinking coffee at Starbucks, and taking naps, I have taken on a part-time job. I know, total shocker.

That being said, I really feel like Martha would be so proud. As she started with a friend and catering business, we are starting with a website.

Jeff thankfully has humored me through this whole process, since as of yet, it is an unpaid job . . . but we're hopeful.

Hence this email. As we have no marketing budget to speak of, I am relying on the generous networking and emotional support of my friends and relatives. I feel a little bad that I may very well be abusing those relationships, but clearly not bad enough to not send this email.

After many weeks and many hours, we are ready for the big unveiling of Southern Gifting:
www.southerngifting.com

There is actually an upside to this email though. Since it's our big Grand Opening, we're doing Seven Days of Giveaways. But don't worry, those of you who are thinking, "but I don't need a tutu or veil at this moment" - we're giving away monogrammed bags. And frankly, they're pretty great bags.

So I don't get scathing reply emails about not including anything in the email beyond advertising our website, here's a little about the family:

Addie thinks she's a pirate and has developed quite and addiction to skull, spider, ripped flesh and barbed wire tattoos . . . Not sure if her future will be in a motor cycle gang, or as a surfer. At this point it could go either way.

Lorelei just started standing on her own, and has even been so bold as to take a few steps. We expect her to be fully walking by the end of the week. She is also an expert growler, which I believe she picked up from Addie, as she too is quite an accomplished grunt-er and growler.

Jeff is still at Daimler and dreams of the day when I will make enough money for him to quit and stay home with the kids.

And by the way - if you want to buy something while you're visiting our little website, I won't stop you.

As for me, well I still make tutus, and have expanded into capes, veils and hanging tutu topiary. I've even gone so far as to have taken a few sewing classes. Although being self-taught and reinventing the wheel is fun and all, there's something to be said for learning the right and easy way first.

In regards to this website development stuff, well let's just say, it's a good thing I have a degree in English and a background in HR, because that's really come in handy . . . or not. Speaking of reinventing the wheel . . .

Hope you are all well and enjoying spring (although it's practically summer here).

Hugs, Kisses and Handshakes,
Kate

No comments: